A Guide To Snapchat for People Who Don’t Get Snapchat
- 2019-04-28 10:15
Snapchat is now one of the most trending social media in the market. If you want to know more about this social media platform, read further. If you are a beginner in Snapchat, you must learn its terminology and features.
• Snap – it is a video or picture that is sent to one or more friends using the app. The video snap can have 10 seconds maximum length. Your snaps will be deleted when your recipients view them. However, you can also add it to your story wherein it can disappear in 24 hours. The unopened snaps are deleted within 30 days.
• Custom stories – the custom stories enable the groups to make stories. You can have an option to make Group Story wherein your friends can contribute a Geofenced Story or Snaps. Your friends and their friends can make a story at a specific place.
• Stories – the Snapchat’s Stories section can feature videos and photos that you can share with your friends in Snapchat.
• Filter – the Snapchat filter can be a fun way for jazzing up your Snaps. You can add special effects or overlay. The Filters can also change according to holidays, special events, and time of the day or location.
• Snapstreak – If you Snap with your friend within 24 hours for 3 following days, you’re on a Snapstreak. You can see the flame emoji next to the name of your friend with a number that indicates the number of days you kept the streak. You must remember that chats don’t count toward the Snapstreak.
• Geofilter – these are the different filters in your current location. If you want to activate the Geofilters, you must turn on your place in the Snapchat. You can make your own custom Geofilter for a minimum of $5.99 which is ideal for building brand awareness or featuring an event.
• Snapchat lens – with the Snapchat lenses, you can add animated special effects to your videos or photos. Unlike filters, you can use the glasses if you will take a snap.
• Snapcode – Snapcode is a unique QR-style code that you can scan to access features or add friends and content to Snapchat. The user is automatically assigned a Snapcode account. You can also make additional Snapcodes which can link to various websites.
• Memories – it is the camera roll f that will back up your Stories and Snaps. You can post your older Snaps to your Story from Memories.
• Discover page –you can swipe left from the camera to find the discover page. It displays the Stories from publishers and creators like those you are subscribed to and the ones who are in the Snapchat algorithm.
• Snap Map – the Snap Map will identify your place and the area of your friends. With this, you will know your location. You can pinch in the screen to access your Snap Map. If you don’t like to share your location, you can turn yourself on the ghost mode.
• Context Cards – it uses information from the partners of Snapchat including the Foursquare and TripAdvisor to give additional information on the place mentioned on the Snap. It can also enable you to reserve a table for dinner or book a ride. You can access the Context Cards through swiping on a Story or Snap.
• Bitmoji – it is the cartoon icon that will represent you. The Snapchat comes with the Bitmoji app in Snapcodes.
Now that you have learned the terminologies, you must have the ultimate guide on how to use snapchat.
Setting Up Your Snapchat Account
If you want to enjoy the features of Snapchat, the first thing you must do is to create your account on the app. You can follow these steps:
• Download the Snapchat app for free
You can go to the App Store (Apple iOS) or Google Play Store (Android) and download the Snapchat app.
• Make an account
Once you open the app, tap the Sign up. Then put your first and last name and click the Signup & Accept. Then, you can enter your birthdate and tap Continue. You can now make a username that will represent your brand or name. The Snapchat will give suggestions for available usernames if the one you choose is not available. Tap Continue then create your password. Next, you can enter your email address, and tap Continue and verify if you’re human.
Next, you can put your phone number and tap Continue. You can wait for a text message with a verification code, enter it in the app and click Continue again.
• Add friends
The app can scan your contacts for friends who are searchable on Snapchat. You can click the Go to Settings to access the Snapchat access to your contacts. You are free to add the people that you want to befriend in Snapchat. You can also change your privacy settings if you don’t like to be visible to your contacts.
• Personalize the Snapcode with your Bitmoji
You can choose the ghost icon on the top left of the screen and tap the Create Bitmoji. Then you can tap again the Create Bitmojion the next screen. Don’t worry because if you don’t have the Bitmoji app installed, you will be redirected to Google Play Store or App Store to download it.
Navigating the Snapchat
Compared to other social media networks, the Snapchat opens to a camera screen. You can access the content by swiping it left or right.
Adding friends on Snapchat
If you want to make the most of your account, you can add friends. The following are the ways to connect with your friends.
Add friends using Snapcode
• First, get a picture of your friend’s Snapcode or screenshot it.
• Open your Snapchat and tap the ghost icon on the top left of your screen.
• Tap the Add Friends.
• Click the Snapcode to open the camera roll.
• Tap the image of the Snapcode in the camera roll. Then, the app will scan the photo and add your new friend.
Snapchat can be one of the best social media that can increase your network, which can promote your name or brand.